If you’re welcoming guests and want to make a simple and delicious dessert, chocolate cake is always the best choice. But there are so many different recipes out there, how can you tell which one is really the best? In fact, anyone can make chocolate cake well. Whether you take a simple route or decorate it, there are many ways to complete a classic dessert. Still, it’s easy to get lost in all approaches and techniques. But don’t be disappointed. We have found the best chocolate cake recipes to impress your family and friends. Moist, rich, luxurious yet light, guests will not be able to fully enjoy this heavenly chocolate cake. Of course, it’s easy to make.
- 2 cups of medium-strength flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder 3/4 cup
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar 1 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- Two large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup of buttermilk at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of strongly brewed coffee
For chocolate ganache:
- 18 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipped cream
- The first thing you need to do is preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Grease a 29-inch cake pan before lining it with parchment. Set them aside.
- Sift 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 teaspoons of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of baking powder together in a large bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, then mix them all together in a whisk. When it’s completely mixed, save it.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 1/2 cup of vegetable oil and 2 large eggs. Add 1 cup of buttermilk and 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence, then whisk again with a whisk.
- Combine wet and dry materials. Mix everything together in a whisk until it is combined. Pour hot coffee and whisk again with a whisk. The dough should be thin.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two pre-oiled cake pans. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center is clean.
- When the cake is complete, remove it from the oven and let it cool for 5-10 minutes. Transfer them to a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
- For ganache, add chocolate chips to the bowl.
- Put 1 1/2 cups of fresh cream in a saucepan and heat until it starts to boil. Pour over chocolate chips.
- Leave it for about 5 minutes. Then mix the cream and chocolate together in a whisk until a smooth mixture is obtained. Allow to cool completely before refrigerating for 20-30 minutes.
- When ready, whisk the ganache on a stand or hand mixer until you get a hard peak. However, do not mix too much.
- To assemble the cake, place the first cake on the platter from top to bottom. Cover the top evenly with 1/3 of the whipped ganache.
- Place the second layer on top of the ganache from top to bottom. Use the remaining ganache to evenly cover the entire cake.
- Serve and enjoy!